1. Is it possible to see an overview of the total amount of transactions that I made today on the terminal?
Yes, to access this please go into the “Transaction history” and click on the icon in the upper right corner to open the summary function. There you can view and print the summary of your day trading.
2. If I have more than one terminal, can I see a separate summary per terminal?
Yes, the transaction history on each terminal shows the transactions from the whole store, but the summaries can be split by terminal if desired. This means you can either see a summary for all your terminals, or alternatively get a separate one from each terminal.
3. Can I print summaries multiple times per day? What happens if I do so?
Yes, you can print as many times as you want to, and it will not affect your batching or settlements at all. You will be able to see how your sales progress over time.
4. Why does my terminal only show transactions done since midnight?
All the payments you make during the day are automatically batched and processed at midnight every day, even if it is switched off. Therefore the summary only shows activity done between midnight and the time you are creating the summary. If you'd like to see an overview of past days, this information can be found on the B-Online service web.
5. Can I send my batches at a different time of day, as opposed to midnight?
Unfortunately not at the moment. However, we are working on ways to improve and give you the option of accurately reporting your data when and how you want it.
6. Can I see transactions split by card type?
No, but you can access this information both on B-Online service web and in the settlement report that you receive by email.
7. My customer receipt is printing in a different language to my receipt, why is this?
This is to try and help your customer understand their receipt better. The terminal recognises the country that the customers card was issued in and prints the receipt in the relevant language. So if they have an Icelandic card at an Icelandic merchant, the receipts will be in Icelandic. However, if it's an English card at an Icelandic merchant, the customer copy will be in English and the your copy in Icelandic.