1. What should I do if my terminal freezes?
Closing the app will resolve a lot of common issues. This is done by swiping up from the bottom of the home screen and clicking the triangle on the left side of the bar which appears. The Salt Pay app can then be closed by using the square button in the bottom right corner to bring up the list of open apps and swiping the app away to the side. Then click the Salt App and you should be up and running again.
If this doesn't work, you can try rebooting the terminal. This is done by holding in the small button on the right side of the terminal and then selecting "Reboot".
2. Does the terminal turn off after about a minute of inactivity?
No, the terminal doesn't turn off, it goes into sleep mode in order to save battery.
When you want to use it again just tap on the small button on the right side of the terminal, then it should come out of sleep mode.
3. What can I see in the "Transaction history"?
Inside the "Transaction history" you can see all the transactions taken through the terminal in the last 45 days. You can perform various actions from inside each transaction, including reversing or refunding, and re-printing receipts.
Please note that if you have more than one terminal on the same contract, the "Transaction history" in each terminal shows the transactions from all of your terminals.
4. How can I refund a transaction?
It's possible to refund by navigating to the "Transaction history" from the home screen and locating the correct transaction. Click into that transaction and you should see the available refund options, full or partial. The manager PIN will be needed to perform both.
5. What is cancelling a transaction?
A transaction can be cancelled on the same day it was originally performed. This means the transaction will be voided and no money will ever move between you and the customer. It can only be done for the full amount of the transaction and requires the manager PIN.
6. How can I locate a specific transaction in the history?
There are several options for this:
- Searching by auth. code. The auth. code is the 6 or 7 character code printed on the receipt from the transaction.
- Filtering by date using the calendar. This can search over a range of dates or down to a specific day depending on what you want.
7. How can I see the terminal's power level?
This can be done by swiping down from the top of the screen. The power level percentage can then be seen in the upper right corner.
The battery indicator will also change colour depending on the level of charge.
- Above 50% will be green, 35-50% will be yellow and below 35% will be red.
8. My terminal has run out of battery, why is it not charging?
If the terminal runs out of battery, it is unable to recharge in the charging dock. Please try removing the charging cord from the dock and plugging it directly in on the terminal's left side. Then it should start charging.
9. My terminal says "Unexpected Character”, what should I do?
Please close and re-open the Salt app, this should fix the issue.
10. Why does my terminal say "Failed Host Lookup: acquire.api.saltpay.co"?
If the terminal shows this, it's usually because it's not connected to the internet.
Please make sure that Wi-Fi and/or 4G internet are turned ON and that airplane mode is turned OFF. If you swipe your finger down the middle of the screen three times, you should be able to see the Wi-Fi, 4G and airplane mode symbols. If the symbols are white they are turned on, if they are grey they are turned off.
11. How can I set up the Wi-Fi on my terminal?
A - If you swipe down from the top of the screen twice you should be able to see the Wi-Fi symbol. You can access the Wi-Fi settings menu by holding down on the Wi-Fi symbol. From there you can choose the correct network and enter your password.
12. I have been asked for my terminal serial number, where can I find it?
The terminal serial number can be found in two places:
By opening the Settings Page in the Salt App. This is done by clicking on the cog icon in the upper left corner on the home screen.
Alternatively, if you turn your terminal over the serial number is printed below the bar-code. It is prefixed with S/N: and is 10 digits long, e.g. S/N: 0821456732.
13. Can I see the difference between debit and credit card transaction somewhere?
The settlements for debit and credit card transactions are no longer separated. Information on all transactions are now in the same place.
Information on daily settlements can be found on the B-Online service web and in the settlement statements sent by email. In both places you should be able to see the fees charged for each transaction.
Below you can see how to find the information on B-Online:
- On the left side of the page under "Card transactions", please click "Settlements".
- Please select the correct month and press "Load" to see all the settlements from this month.
- To see a breakdown of all of the transactions in each batch, please select "Transactions" on the right side of each line.
- Often, you can see whether it's a debit or credit card transaction by looking at the card type.
- You can see the fees for each transaction by clicking on the "+" on the left side of each line.
14. An error occurs and the terminal says “Mynt ekki virk”, what do I do?
Usually it should work to reboot the terminal.
15. Is it possible to see an overview of the total amount of transactions that I made today on the terminal?
Yes, to access this please go into the “Transaction history” and click on the icon in the upper right corner to open the summary function. There you can view and print the summary of your day trading.
16. If I have more than one terminal, can I see a separate summary per terminal?
Yes, the transaction history on each terminal shows the transactions from the whole store, but the summaries can be split by terminal if desired. This means you can either see a summary for all your terminals, or alternatively get a separate one from each terminal.
17. Why does my terminal only show transactions done since midnight?
All the payments you make during the day are automatically batched and processed at midnight every day, even if it is switched off. Therefore the summary only shows activity done between midnight and the time you are creating the summary. If you'd like to see an overview of past days, this information can be found on the B-Online service web.
18. Can I send my batches at a different time of day, as opposed to midnight?
Unfortunately not at the moment. However, we are working on ways to improve and give you the option of accurately reporting your data when and how you want it.
19. Can I see transactions split by card type?
No, but you can access this information both on B-Online service web and in the settlement report that you receive by email.